top of page

Gracelyn Reeder, 17 yrs old

First Dose of Pfizer on 05/14/2021 Lot #EW0185

Second Dose of Pfizer on 06/04/2021 Lot #EW0191


17 yrs old

(written with the help of Gracelyn's mom Debbie)

Gracelyn and her mom Debbie have opted-in to be contactable by the public and other vaccine injured. No hateful emails or you will be banned. Their email is

Q: What was your life like before you got the vaccine?

I was enjoying life! I was learning to drive and working on getting a job.

Q: Would you like to share your reason(s) for getting the vaccine?

I wanted to "do my part". Lots of pressure on social media.

Q: What was your reaction, symptoms, & timeline?

It all began in March 2022. I had been with a friend all day and was walking in the door to my house when I became so out of breathe that I had to sit down right inside the door. I went to bed, but a few hours later I began vomiting and hyperventilating. I was up quite a few times during the night with what we thought was a flu bug. My mom had give me zofran several times to help stop the vomiting.

Early the next morning I was laying on my mom's bed when I woke up vomiting again and she came running to help and saw that my lips were blue and my eyes were bulging. I was holding my neck and whispering that I could not breathe! It was then she called the ambulance and they took me to our local hospital.

I sat in triage waiting with an emesis bag and an IV for almost an hour before they got me in to do my vitals and get checked out. My vitals were all out of whack and I vomited again. They got me immediately to a room and they began asking me and my mom lots of questions. They finally did a chest xray and saw that I had a massive blood clot that was straining the right side of my heart.

I was airlifted to a children's hospital, but they deferred me to the number 1 trauma hospital in our area. They performed a thrombectomy to suction out the blood clots, but was told that some of them were older and more stuck, and although they removed some, they could not get it all. The doctors wanted to do a CT scan to see what they were dealing with, but I was not stable enough, in essence...I was crashing and slowly suffocating, so they did an emergency Thoracotomy/Open Heart Surgery. It was there they removed an egg sized blood clot that was pressed up against my right pulmonary artery. They also removed one that was about 6 inches long from the vena cava. I came out of that major surgery on ECMO and Life support.

During the time on ECMO, I had a stroke and began seizing. After about 6 days I was stable enough to come off ECMO and the breathing tube was removed. I had no recollection of what had happened to me. I remember going to the ER, but could not recall anything afterwards.

The stroke affected the right side of my brain (the frontal and parietal lobes) and there were other tiny infarcts that showed up as well. I do have most of my function back, but the left side of my body is weaker than the right, and although I don't "look" like I've had a stroke, I live with the side effects every day.

I am now a senior in high school, and it has been very, very difficult to relearn and understand the things I used to know (I have an IEP now). The frustration has caused depression and the continual health problems has caused more anxiety. I can't hold a job and I can't drive. I am told that I will continue to improve but it will take a long time. All of the medical tests have come back normal.

The doctors want to blame the birth control pill that I had been taking for 2 years with no problems at all. My doctor at the time, even did bloodwork BEFORE I started the pills to make sure I did not have a predisposition to blood clots and it was negative then as well. Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything.

Funny thing is, after a week of all tests coming back negative did they ask if I had gotten the covid vaccine. My parents told them yes but they would not explain why they asked.

I had absolutely no problems until I got the "vaccine" and then they say it created the "perfect storm". I don't know about that, but it certainly has alienated me from doing things like going out, making friends, driving, getting a job. The fatigue is unreal and many days feel very alone.

I know I'm not alone, but many days it seems like it. I now take a blood thinner and 2 types of seizure meds along with an antidepressant and sleeping meds.

I am thankful for praying parents and many praying friends that have helped me along. I'm open to meeting others around my age to talk to and support and encourage each other.

Q: Tell us about any tests, diagnoses, and/or Medical Care received:

Pulmonary Embolism, Stroke, Seizures, Thrombectomy, Thoracotomy, Multiple MRI's, CT's, EKG's, EEG's, OT/PT/ Speech therapy, Anti-coagulants for life

Q: Where has your reaction been reported, and what was the response?

Reported to's been crickets. Have not heard anything from anybody.

Q: What do you wish others knew?

These shots have hurt so many people. I've tried to tell my friends and family to stay far, far away. Please don't let the hype snow you. Many people, young people, are suddenly dying.

Please share our stories!

Story Submissions can be submitted here:


Real Not Rare does not diagnose medical conditions, offer treatment advice, treat illnesses, or prescribe medicine or drugs. Anything contained on this website or conveyed in the blog stories or groups, is not substitute for adequate medical care, diagnosis, and/or treatment from a medical doctor. It is strongly recommended that prior to acting upon any information gleaned via Real Not Rare or their representatives, you at all times first consult a physician. The views and opinions expressed are those of the individual being interviewed in each story, and do not necessarily reflect the position of Real, Not Rare as a whole.



bottom of page