top of page

Donald Deakyne

First Dose of Johnson & Johnson on 03/15/21

Fords, New Jersey

Donald's Video Interview (credit


Q: What was your life like before you got the vaccine?

I was a very active family man. I enjoyed hiking and outdoor activities. My family was always on the go. We would not stay in one place very long. I am father to a 10-year-old very active boy. My job was physically demanding and kept me busy when I wasn't with my family. I loved going out and having new experiences with my family and friends.

Q: What was your reaction, symptoms, & timeline?

Immediately after I got the shot, I felt a cold rush run up my arm to my head. I started to panic because I thought I was having an allergic reaction. Within the next few minutes I felt like I was going to pass out several times. I really think the technician that gave me the shot had hit a vein or artery. The shot did not stay in the deltoid where it is supposed to. It definitely went right into my bloodstream. After about 20 minutes I felt well enough to drive home. When I got home I felt OK and went out to dinner with my family. The next day I had a fever and felt pretty crummy. After that things got better. That is until 10 days after my shot. I was letting my dog out, when all of a sudden the same feeling, from when I got the shot, came back over me. It was different this time though because I also had blurred vision, numb head, tingling arms and legs and my heart was racing. I calmed myself down and thought I was having a panic attack. I tried to go to sleep that night but could not. I got up in the morning and went to the urgent care. My blood pressure was up which was unusual for me because mine was usually very good. I had the blood pressure and pulse of an athlete before this. The doctor gave me an EKG and everything came back normal with my blood work. I was then having trouble breathing; especially when I would lie down to go to sleep. Everyone was trying to convince me that it was in my head. That it was nerves. After not sleeping for three days, I went back to the urgent care. I told the doctor my symptoms have not improved and now I cannot breathe when I was lying down. He told me I was going to the hospital right now. He thought I might have blood clots in my lungs. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. Once I got there they were treating me like a Covid patient. I was beyond scared. I thought for sure I had it. I called my wife because I thought I was not ever going to leave the hospital. They gave me a CAT scan of my chest and checked my heart to see if I had a heart attack. They ran bloodwork and gave me another EKG. Everything came back normal except for a slightly elevated D dimer. When the doctors left I cried. My mother had died of Covid in November the same way. I thought for certain that was my fate too. They told me I can leave and I hopped off of the gurney and walked out of the hospital. I still did not feel right but felt hopeful that this will all pass. I still couldn’t sleep and four days later my left ear started ringing and I had intense pressure behind my eyes and sinuses. That completely freaked me out. I went back to the doctor and he said it was from stress. Two days later it spread to my right ear and I developed extreme sound sensitivity. None of my other symptoms had left; I was just getting more. I made an appointment at the Deborah Heart and Lung Hospital. When the nurse was taking my vitals and asked why I was there I told her what happened. It got her attention immediately. I was looking in her eyes and I could tell she had heard this before. I asked her if this was becoming common and she told me they are getting people now saying the same things. Right then I knew I had made a mistake in getting this vaccine. They gave me an echo cardio stress test and everything came back fine. They could not find anything wrong with me. I have been living with some symptoms on and off, but tinnitus and sound sensitivity constantly now for seven months. Sometimes the tinnitus and sensitivity is so bad that I cannot function.

Q: What was your life like after you got the vaccine?

I am no longer active. I can’t go out to places because they’re too loud to me and I fear sound. I can’t go hiking because I have exercise intolerance now. I have a hard time going to my sons hockey games because of the noise, and being around a group of people. The weather affects me tremendously. It makes my tinnitus and sound sensitivity so much worse. There are days when I wish I wouldn’t wake up the next day. I look at my son and feel guilty for ever having thoughts like that, but this is so debilitating. I am losing hope that I will ever have silence again. It is taking a toll on my job, my life as a father, and as a husband. I am changed and never know if I will be the same again.

Q: Share your experience with any medical care and any diagnoses you have received:

I have gotten my heart checked and tested several different ways and they have found nothing. My lungs are clear and they cannot find a thing. Most doctors have been very dismissive. They don’t want to believe that something like this could happen.

Q: Was your reaction reported, and what was the response?

I have a reported it to VAERS. I never received a response. I reported it to Johnson & Johnson. I did NOT receive a response. It has been seven months and there are still people getting this that don’t have all the information they should.

Q: Is there anything that has helped, and have your symptoms improved?

Some of my symptoms have improved, and they come and go. Most are still here and I am trying to learn to live some sort of life. It’s extremely hard when you don’t have a moment to stop and think without a screaming noise in your head.

Q: What do you wish others knew?

I wish other people had all the information about the shots before they made the decisions. I wish they knew that they have a choice and don’t have to be bullied into getting this. I need to think very hard about taking this and giving it to the children. I never thought about these things before this happened to me. I was so healthy for so long. I never thought this would be the way I am may have to live the rest of my life. People need to be informed that their decision may be life altering for themselves or their children.



Thank you for sharing Don. People need to hear the truth. We wont come out of this horror until enough people are educated to the fact that these are the most dangerous vaccines ever deployed.


Thanks for sharing your story. I developed severe Tinnitus and Hyperacusis 9 years ago. It permanently altered my life and would never wish it upon anyone. I too had every test done imaginable with no results determing the cause of this. I've been seeing a therapist ever since, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's all in your head. Best wishes for your future. If you ever have any questions, let me know. I've been through the wringer with this.

Replying to

TRT could help. It's worth a try. It didn't help me, but it's worked for some. I wish I could say it gets easier, but it hasn't for me. I've had plenty of nights where I wish I could go to sleep and not wake up. Every case is different though. As for coping, I try to focus on the things I still can do; I try not to dwell on the things I can't do anymore. It's not easy. It's really difficult. Try not to beat yourself up too much, try not to be so hard on yourself. It's not your fault. You didn't ask for this. I avoid loud noises, or any noises that cause me pain/discomfort. I…